Please note: Appointments for circumcision is not available through our online booking system. Please call the Clinic to book your appointment.
Male circumcision, consist of the surgical removal of the penile foreskin, has been dated back to the prehistoric era. Circumcision is often performed as a part of a religious practice, such as in Judaism and Islam or as part of a sociocultural practice in many countries worldwide. Regardless, such practices are most often performed during the neonatal or pre-pubertal ages.
Male adult circumcision is performed for a variety of indications, including penile and foreskin pathologies like Phimosis or tight foreskin & Balanitis, disease prevention (mainly sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV), as well as personal preference.
Main benefits of circumcision include hygiene, lower risk of penile cancer, and lower risk of HIV and sexually transmitted infection in circumcised patients.
The circumcision methods performed at our clinic are:
(1) Plastibell technique – This involves inserting a ring at the top of the penis that allows the foreskin to devitalize and fall off in few days’ time
(2) Free hand technique – This is done by surgically removal of the foreskin and closing the wound by dissolvable sutures.
At our clinic both procedures are performed under local anesthesia and we have found that they are well tolerated by our patients.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are they any pre-procedure consultations?
A pre-procedural consultations shall be conducted along with examinations. The consultation and examination can either be done on the same day of the procedure on a prior date.
2. What are the circumcision procedure fees?
|Under 6 weeks||$560.00||$200.00|
|6 weeks to 12 weeks||$690.00||$200.00|
|3 months to 6 months||$790.00||$200.00|
|7 months to 1 year||$890.00||$200.00|
|1 year to 2 year||$990.00||$200.00|
|2 year to 5 year||$1,060.00||$200.00|
|6 year to 8 year||$1,100.00||$200.00|
|9 year and above||$1,200.00||$200.00|
3. What is the best age in children for circumcision?
2-3 weeks from birth is the best age.
4. Is the procedure painful?
The circumcision should be a pain free procedures as local anesthetic is given. For children under 18 months, sugar water is given which has mild analgesic effect. For children above one month old, Panadol is given to prevent any pain.
5. Is there any age limit for circumcision procedure?
No, there is no age limit. We perform circumcision for all age groups from birth to the elderly.
6. Are parents allowed to be present during the procedure?
Parents can be present in the procedure room provided they do not interfere with the procedure. If the parents are distressed during the procedure they may leave the room and have faith in the doctor performing the procedure
7. What are the most common risks and complications associated with the circumcision procedure?
– Bleeding is the most common complications that can happen after the procedure.
– Infection though the chances are low but has been documented.
– Pain needing analgesics.
– Swelling of the penis is expected after the procedure.
– Retained ring after Plastibell procedure can happen and may need the ring to be cut and removed.
– Buried or concealed penis, though not a complication, can happen due to surrounding pubic fat and may need applying petroleum jelly to the penis to prevent adhesions between the penis and surrounding skin.
8. Will there be emergency contact after the procedure?
Yes, we will provide an emergency mobile contact number and will be on call for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including on weekends and public holidays.
9. Will there be follow-ups requirement?
Though not needed, we feel that it is advisable for you to come and get reviewed about 2-3 weeks after the surgery. We are happy for you to contact us anytime if you need a review.